25 Nov What is Enterprise content management (ECM)?
Want to Make Decisions, Complete Projects, and work with Maximum Efficiency? – The Right ECM System will help you.
It is a systematic approach to managing content throughout its lifecycle. It enables unstructured information — such as Word documents, PDFs, emails, and scanned images — to be securely stored and made accessible to authorized users. By eliminating dependence on paper documents and organizing unstructured information according to business needs, organizations can simplify and streamline work.
How is ECM defined?
It is a set of defined processes, strategies, and tools that allows a business to effectively obtain, organize, store and deliver critical information to its employees, business stakeholders, and customers.
Enterprise Content Management Software:
Enterprise content management software provides corporations and organizations with a central repository to store, manage, archive, and otherwise handle data of varying degrees of confidentiality and importance.
Key Benefits of (ECM) Software.
- Connect, access, visualize, maintain, manage, and eliminate siloed content repositories with a single overarching architecture.
- Increase employee productivity and reduce file redundancy.
- Automate business processes, making them structured, documented, and auditable.
- Ensure government compliance through strict maintenance of file security, permissions, approvals, and lifecycle.
- Integrate with other types of content management software to provide all-encompassing enterprise content management services.
- Simplify workflow and Centralize collateral in one repository.
Who Uses (ECM) Software?
The benefits of enterprise content management software are not limited to one specific company size or sector.The solutions offered can be helpful to any company that requires better organizational tactics, whether that is in regards to their HR department, finances, account management, sales and marketing, administration, planning, governance, or another area.
Enterprise Document Management System– Document management, often referred to as Document Management Systems (DMS), is the use of a computer system and software to store, manage and track electronic documents and electronic images of paper-based information captured through the use of a document scanner. A document management system is used to automatically organize, secure, digitize and classify company documents, making them easy to access, edit and share.
Document management system software:Now, we can define document management as the software that controls and organizes documents throughout an organization. It incorporates document and content capture, workflow, document repositories, COLD/ERM, and output systems, and information retrieval systems. Also, the processes used to track, store, and control documents.
What Key Features Should a Document Management System Have?
A document management system should have the following features:
- Powerful Workflows
- Data Integration
- Report Management
- Advanced Security Features
What are the Benefits of a Document Management System?
Document management systems should improve the way things run at your organization. They should give you:
- More Time to Do the Work That Matters
- Convenience for an Increasingly Mobile Workforce
- Peace of Mind.
Your business is growing and so are your documents. Shouldn’t you be growing along with it? A document management system can take the burden of mundane tasks off your plate. That means more meaningful work—and more opportunities to grow your career alongside your organization.
10 Mar What is MES Software? Some Important Benefits and Details
What Is MES Software? Some Important Benefits and Details
The Hidden Factory – Not To Be Ignored:
The Hidden Factory refers to parts of a manufacturing process that decrease the quality or efficiency of operation -the mistakes, the rework, the waste – all the things that are kept hidden from the eyes of the customer. It is called the “hidden factory,” and it causes unseen profit leaks to companies every day of every year.
- These wasteful processes and work go unreported and undocumented and are dangerous to a company’s bottom line.
- These factories are fueled by a dangerous attitude that the headaches and heartache caused by this Hidden Factory are surely worth it if the customer remains unaware and is ultimately happy with the product.
- All too often these daily drains on resources are going unnoticed or are even accepted as part of the process itself.
Of course, you care about lost time, money, and effort, but how are you supposed to correct something you can’t see?
MES- How It Exposes The Hidden Factory:
A modern Manufacturing Execution System (MES) captures data that can be analyzed to uncover flawed processes, providing insights that expose the hidden factory.
- A flexible MES documents, tracks, and reports the time it takes to deal with events When studied with a trained eye, these reports reveal what went right and what went wrong.
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) deliver a number of long and short-term manufacturing benefits, as well as strategic benefits such as improved yields, lowering operating costs, and increased compliance.
What is MES?
According to MESA (Manufacturing Execution System Association International),
- Manufacturing execution systems deliver information that enables the optimization of production activities from order launch to finished goods.
- Using current and accurate data, MES guides, initiates, responds to, and reports on plant activities as they occur.
- The resulting rapid response to changing conditions, coupled with a focus on reducing non-value-added activities, drives effective plant operations and processes.
- MES provides mission-critical information about production activities across the enterprise and supply chain via bidirectional communications.”
- Manufacturing Execution Systems collect multiple plants’ production information and integrate easily with equipment, controllers, and enterprise business applications.
- Although MES solutions are used to operate as a self-contained system, they are increasingly being integrated with enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.
- The result is complete visibility, control, and manufacturing optimization – from the order placing, production inception, and process control to product output.
Why Do Companies Need A Manufacturing Execution System?
- Many companies still enter data manually or share work instructions on paper. Most of them, however, know there is a better way to organize the mass of activity happening on the plant floor.
- MES provides visibility to that activity as well as the underlying data, uses that data to improve how that activity is done and makes it repeatable.
- It connects multiple sites, integrates with equipment, and raises the effectiveness of business applications all to better optimize operations.
- MES technology is helping manufacturers to reduce cycle times and achieve cost savings (production does not continue when critical issues are encountered), whereas the opportunity to improve planning activities is also resulting in improved utilization of equipment.
- These systems also automate many manual documentation tasks, thereby eliminating related deviations and achieving better compliance. They are also removing calculation and review tasks that ordinarily would require considerable manual effort.
How does the move towards web-based MES solutions making it easier to support production operations and real-time activities:
- HTML5 support now enables organizations to access MES across a range of digital devices, including tablets and smartphones, with ease.
- This makes it a lot easier to migrate manual processes to the electronic world as the need to deploy expensive infrastructures no longer exists; all is needed is a wireless network, which is often already in place.
- The device proliferation also simplifies real-time involvement in the process, making all parties aware of what is happening at any given time.
- Although planning needs to remain a cornerstone of GMP, being aware of issues as they occur provides a level of understanding that often cannot be achieved after the fact, thus leading to better decision making.
- Although some manufacturers are still wary about the associated challenges that go together with implementing a new system, breaking the project down into phases, starting with the functionality that will provide the biggest return, can make the whole process much more approachable.
- Indeed, once the organization has created a success story and brought all its stakeholders on board, it’s easier to define the scope of the remaining areas.
The 3 Pillars of an MES:
Establishing a plan and staying on schedule
The system takes your input – production shifts/times, production goals, etc. and calculates your TAKT time. Operators see real-time progress on dashboard graphics, knowing the progress at every moment.
Enforcing a repeatable process
Knowing your process is being followed exactly as defined provides the ultimate peace of mind. Every step, from fastening to product routing, is nailed just as you defined it time after time.
Creating a rich data set:
Capturing data is one thing; being able to act on that data is really the key to driving improvement initiatives. Use your business intelligence platform, explore your data set, and identify and solve your hidden inefficiencies.
All three of these MES pillars are used to help you reach productivity and quality goals by:
- Solving production scheduling challenges
- Discovering and sharing your best operators’ insights
- Uncovering inefficiencies in your process and fixing them
- Reducing the exhausting task of putting out fires
- Establishing a continuous improvement philosophy
- Increasing operator engagement and dedication
MES Is For All Industries:
- Manufacturing execution systems (MES) are being used across industries, and are seen in a number of the discrete, batch, and continuous process manufacturing industries including semiconductor, aerospace, metals, plastics electronics, medical devices, automotive, pharmaceuticals, glass, and more.
- A Manufacturing Execution System (MES) with a configurable platform adapts to the users’ business without custom code, and has an open SOA architecture designed for ease of integration to enterprise applications and shop floor automation.
But Why Should Pharma And Biotech Companies Use An MES?
What is MES in pharma?
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) enable pharmaceutical manufacturers to improve performance and reduce operational cost, while simultaneously increasing compliance with regulatory requirements.
- MES digitizes your pharma and biotech production. In today’s intense economic conditions, spiraling overheads are compelling manufacturers to optimize their production processes, leading to a demand for new approaches that can improve efficiency and better utilize expensive resources.
- As the industry evolves and the complexity of managing drug manufacturing programs increases, MES technology has also advanced at considerable speed and come a long way in terms of functionality and flexibility.
- MES solutions enable manufacturers to plan, direct, track and analyze every stage of their operations.
- Today, these systems provide real-time management capabilities, full support to replace paper documents with electronic documentation (electronic batch records [EBRs] and electronic logbooks [eLogbooks]), and seamless integration with enterprise resource planning (ERP) and automation systems.
- They also offer compatibility with multiple plug-in applications, meaning they can accommodate the most complex workflows into their design while contributing new levels of adaptability through modularity and off-the-shelf configuration.
- MES technology is equipping manufacturers with comprehensive data to help with proper recipe management and electronic batch processing recording, reducing the risk of production issues and, most importantly, improving product quality. And they are an important prerequisite for digitization and Pharma 4.0.
- At the highest level, MES needs integration between the ERP and shop floor automation.
What Is The MES System In SAP?
- SAP maintains the record of materials, BOM, routings, and orders; the MES maintains the records/transactions such as WIP (work in progress).
- For implementing the MES, the consultant has to perform a detailed analysis of MES requirements such that they can be mapped with the manufacturing environment.
- The consultant has to perform the analysis of the integration with SAP PP since there is an overlap of functionality offered by SAP and MES software
Companies like Atachi Systems have worked with several top global pharma manufacturing companies who have used the other MES platforms and struggled to get the value out of these MES platforms; hence we call them legacy platforms.
- Atachi NGIMES platform has eliminated all the pain points that companies are struggling with legacy platforms.
- Their platform is the only MES solution entirely built on the SAP HANA platform that leverages Big Data analytics and AI, which need tomorrow’s business.
Because of these reasons, Atachi systems have been listed as TOP Global MES platforms by several research firms in the last few years, repeatedly.
What are Atachi solutions offerings for Pharma 4.0?
- They are helping the pharma manufacturers to get them on to the Pharma 4.0 journey and realize complete business agility (quickly and cost-effectively) for their customers with real-time insights.
- As part of their platform, they offer EBMR, logbooks, DMS, CAPA, IIOT, TMS, Supplier quality management, Real-time analytics, Mobility, big data, and AI at a single license cost.
- Users don’t need to pay separately for each functionality; everything comes as a single package in a USE-AS-NEEDED approach.
MES is a Holistic Solution:
MES isn’t a stop-gap, quick-fix, or miracle solution (although it can seem magical at times). It’s really a system for digitally transforming your entire facility’s manufacturing execution.
You need to explore how an MES implementation will influence your established processes and how those processes may change. That requires upfront thought about change management within your organization. MES software is powerful and dynamic, yet it needs everyone to be on board to make it effective.
23 Dec Why Global and Indian Pharma companies choose Atachi NGIMES (Next Generation Integrated MES) Solution?
NGIMES is one of the top 10 Global MES solutions for Pharma companies in the world.
– Pharma MES SWOT analysis by global research firms.
Atachi Systems provides manufacturing companies with o seamless, cloud-based manufacturing Execution System – NGIMES. NGIMES is the Next Generation Integrated Manufacturing Execution Systems. Atachi Systems’ experience in deploying MES for pharmaceutical manufacturing companies for several years in a row is a testimonial on its own. Put simply, Atachi Systems understands the importance of deploying on MES system that is strategic to its core manufacturing requirements, yet cost effective to maintain and run for years to come! Our clients call it the Atachi Advantage. NGIMES is highly configurable Manufacturing Execution System (MES) for Pharmaceutical Manufacturing.
NGIMES can be quickly deployed for the bulk drugs, API, formulation and packaging sections of the pharmaceutical manufacturing companies. Meet market demands, increase output and raise ROI by utilizing on MES-in-the-cloud solution from Atachi. From the shop floor to on office, vital data can be viewed anywhere. And because the information is real-time, decision-making con be done to creole instant results. It’s all about speed and production with compliance in Pharma manufacturing and nobody is quicker or generates better results than Atachi NGIMES.
Why the Indian pharma companies need to digitize their operations or move to the Pharma 4.0?
A. Right now, the Indian pharma market is under the highest pressure because of the following reasons:
I. Emerging global generic drug exports to the developed countries
ii. if we do not ensure that our manufacturing processes are compliant with the FDA regulations, Indian pharma companies will lose the market opportunities, which is multi-billion dollars.
iii. The FDA Process is getting stringent every day, and FDA compliance will be enforced for all pharma companies exporting to the developed countries.
iv. Compliance is the only thing that will let you to export drugs to these countries
v. Warning letters are very expensive, which can cause product recalls, plant shutdowns, etc.
Q: Let us say if an Indian pharma company received an FDA or Compliance warning letter how quickly Atachi can help? What is your approach?
A. We have been deploying the MES solutions in the pharma industry for the last 14 years. The best
approach is to plug-in or integrate all the PLC’s and ensure that the data is captured in real-time, in other words, we implement the IIOT (Industrial Internet of Things) first. This deployment typically takes 10-12 weeks, in this phase we capture the data in real-time and ensure that there are no data integrity issues with the process data.
b. In the second phase, we deploy the MES solution, which is also called as EBMR (Electronic Batch Manufacturing Record), where all the manufacturing processes are digitized end-to- end. It will eliminate human errors, and once again, the data integrity issues are resolved.
c. At every stage of the processes, we capture the electronic signatures of the associates and generate the real time alerts via SMS and email for any process deviations and ensure that the only qualified batches are shipped out to the customers.
Q: What is so unique about Atachi systems and why do you think, Atachi is a perfect fit for Indian pharma companies?
A: We are bringing 14 years of global pharma manufacturing digitization expertise to Indian pharma companies. It distinguishes us from the local MES solutions providers. Atachi has worked with several top global pharma manufacturing companies who have used the other MES platforms and struggled to get the value out of these MES platforms; hence we call them legacy platforms. Atachi NGIMES platform has eliminated all the pain points that companies are struggling with legacy platforms. Our platform is the only MES solution entirely built on SAP HANA platform that leverages Big Data analytics and AI, which need tomorrow’s business. Because of these reasons, Atachi systems has been listed as TOP Global MES platforms by several research firms in the last few years, repeatedly.
Q: What are Atachi solutions offerings for Pharma 4.0?
A. We are the End-To-End Manufacturing Digitization Platform company helping the pharma manufacturers to get them on to the Pharma 4.0 journey and realize complete business agility (quickly and cost-effectively) for their customers with real-time insights. As part of our platform, we offer EBMR, eLogBooks, DMS, CAPA, IIOT, TMS, Supplier quality management, Real-time analytics, Mobility, big data, and AI at a single license cost. Users don’t need to pay separately for each functionality; everything comes as a single package in a USE-AS-NEEDED approach.
Q: Given that you are offering so many modules, are you charging the customer for all these modules?
A. No, Absolutely not! We are very inexpensive;
On average, we charge 1/4th of top global MES platforms.
b. Let me give an example, one of our customers was using a legacy MES platform and paid a few hundred thousand dollars to customize and integrate their MES platform with their ERP systems. When we implemented our solution, that is natively built in SAP HANA platform, our total MES solution costed the customer 1/6th of their (prior MES -ERP) integration cost, not the licensing cost or implementation cost. We deployed the entire solution 1/6th of what they paid just for (MES-ERP) integration. Our complete solution is much cheaper because we built everything on modern technology, and you need any additional hardware/server or middleware. So, our TCO is much lower than anyone else.
Q: What are the other unique features that will make you standout or go-to-the-solution-provider?
A. We are proud to say that our solution is highly scalable and seamlessly integrates with on-premises, cloud, and hybrid third party applications. Our implementation timelines are typically down to 50% – 65% less than the legacy MES platforms’ deployment times. Atachi NGIMES platform saves a significant amount of time and effort for validations of MES applications for pharma manufactures.
Q: I heard from Indian pharma community, when they are committed to deploy MES systems, they do not get much ROI? Is it true?
A. This statement is true to some extent. Actually,
we have a lot of legacy systems in foreign markets. These legacy systems take lot of time, effort, and money to deploy because these legacy MES systems need tedious installations, validations, and expensive post go-live support. When we talk about Indian pharma, a lot of the MES solutions are point solutions, which means they provide piece by piece functionality or partial functionalities. These solutions provide quick relief, and many times seemed to be cheaper, but customers end up with a lot of integration and quick upgrade costs. Also, these solutions do not give customers a holistic view of manufacturing. The end result is still data integrity and compliance problems unresolved, even after 2 to 3 years of journey. Hence a lot of Indian pharma manufacturers are frustrated with these legacy systems and point solutions. Atachi systems solution is different; Our MES is built on modern technology and provides a holistic view of the manufacturing. We also work with the customers, hand-in-hand and provide data analytics on where they are losing quality, availability, and throughput, etc. For example, we worked with one of the top pharma company in the US; They implemented our Atachi NGIMES -IIOT solution and uncovered the 10% of hidden factory by closely working with us. What is the benefit? They are able to save 200 to 300 Million dollars, bottom line by improving the availability, quality, and throughput.
Q: What are the typical steps for a pharma company to implement your MES solution?
A. We will start with an initial meeting with customer, followed by factory visit and then we do a POC for one production line. We do it completely free; they do not need to pay any implementation or product cost. They can experience the product and if they are satisfied, we can go ahead and do the complete implementation for the factory, based on what the customer needs EBMR, IIOT, DMS, QMS etc. There are no hidden costs for all these products. The entire platform is available for customer.
Q: How about eLogBooks for Pharma manufacturers?
Do you provide that along with other solutions? We do not charge the customers for the eLogBooks. If some Pharma companies need eLogBooks, then they can reach out to Atachi systems! It is completely free. The only thing you need to pay a one-time cost for customization and implementation.